Catalog Number: SBGD1
Description: StemBeads® GDNF is a patented growth factor supplement that offers a novel way to grow Glial Cell Line-Derived Neurotrophic Factor - dependent cell cultures more efficiently, with greater control, and with fewer medium changes. StemBeads® GDNF are microparticles composed of an FDA approved, biodegradable polymer that is loaded with Shenandoah's recombinant human Glial Cell Line-Derived Neurotrophic Factor. Under the microscope, StemBeads® will appear as dark circles that do not harm the cells, and with time, will break down while releasing the encapsulated protein at a controlled rate. Controlled delivery and stable levels of GDNF in culture allows for improved cell cultures, while saving researchers valuable time and resources.
||10 μL/mL = 10 ng/mL
Reconstitution & Use: StemBeads® GDNF are provided as a ready-to-use 1 mL solution in DMEM/F12.
Storage & Stability: Upon arrival store at 4°C. StemBeads® GDNF are stable for 6 months without loss of activity when stored at 4°C.
Release Profile: 10 μL/mL StemBeads® GDNF = 10 ng/mL release of soluble GDNF.
Average Particle Size: 10 μm diameter.
Directions For Use
1) Aliquot desired volume of medium.
2) Mix vial of StemBeads® GDNF thoroughly by vortexing or pipeting prior to use.
3) Add StemBeads® GDNF into aliquot of medium at the desired concentration
e.g. A concentration of 10 μL StemBeads® GDNF per 1 mL of medium will generate a 10 ng/mL release of soluble GDNF.
4) Remove medium from culture dish and wash twice with DMEM, PBS, F12 or basal medium.
5) Mix medium containing StemBeads® GDNF well and plate into culture dish.
6) Change medium every 4-6 days depending on cell density and culture conditions.
A) StemBeads® GDNF can also be supplemented into medium during passaging and plating of cells.
B) Cells should be passaged as required depending on density and culture method.
To receive more information or a quote, complete our bulk/custom order form.