Description: StemBeads® BDNF is a patented growth factor supplement that offers a novel way to culture cells with Brain Derived Neurotrophic Factor more efficiently, with greater control and fewer medium changes. StemBeads® BDNF are microparticles composed of an FDA approved, biodegradable polymer that is loaded with Shenandoah's recombinant human Brain Derived Neurotrophic Factor. Under the microscope, StemBeads® will appear as small dark spheres that do not harm the cells, and with time, will break down while releasing the encapsulated protein at a controlled rate. Controlled delivery and stable levels of BDNF improve cell cultures while saving researchers valuable time and resources.
||10 μL/mL = 10 ng/mL
Reconstitution & Use: StemBeads® BDNF are provided as a ready-to-use 1 mL solution in DMEM/F12.
Storage & Stability: Upon arrival store at 4°C. StemBeads® BDNF are stable for up to 6 months without loss of activity when stored at 4°C.
Release Profile: 10 μL/mL StemBeads® BDNF = 10 ng/mL release of soluble BDNF.
Average Particle Size: 10 μm diameter.
Directions For Use
1) Aliquot desired volume of media.
2) Mix vial of StemBeads® BDNF throughly by vortexing or pipetting prior to use.
3) Add StemBeads® BDNF into aliquot of media at the desired concentration (e.g. a concentration of 10 μL StemBeads® BDNF per 1 mL of medium will generate a 10 ng/mL release of soluble BDNF).
4) Remove medium from culture dish and wash cultures twice with DMEM, PBS, F12, or basal medium.
5) Mix medium containing StemBeads® BDNF well and add to culture dish.
6) Change media every 4-6 days, depending on cell density and culture conditions.
A) StemBeads® BDNF can also be added to medium during passaging and plating of cells.
B) Cells may be passaged, if required, depending on density and culture method.
Product Information Sheet (PDF)